Your window dressings create a long-lasting impact to any room. That’s why window treatment is currently an important aspect of decor. However, to make the right choice, you have to be familiar with the pros and cons of each type. But there are several options in the market, and picking one may be overwhelming.
In this article, to understand the difference between various window coverings, we explore three standard window dressings: Blinds, shutters, and awnings.
Why You Need To Dress Your Windows
As the name suggests, window dressings are meant to provide some level of coverage. However, they offer much more, including:
- Preserve privacy. Keep away nosy neighbours and peeping Toms.
- Control the temperature in your home. You can regulate the amount of heat and cold that gets into the house.
- Provide shade and restrict the entry of harmful UV rays that destroy particular floors and furniture.
- Increase the aesthetic appeal in your house. Window treatment can transform your home.
- Improve your life. Coverings like blinds and shutters help keep the glare from the street lights away, which encourages better sleep. During the day, you control the amount of sunlight that gets into the home. Studies reveal that natural light enhances focus.
- Increases the resale value of the residential property.
Blinds are window coverings made up of numerous slats that run either horizontally or vertically and are joined with cords. They are either controlled manually by drawing the strings or electronically using a remote control. This mechanism allows one to manoeuvre the slats from side-to-side or tilt them open or close.
Blinds are made from various materials, making them a flexible option for any budget. They are effective light-blockers and provide ultimate privacy. There are also many types of blinds you can pick from to suit your decor and style like Venetian, wooden, roller, and Roman, to name a few.
Shutters are almost like blinds, but they offer more control over light flow and privacy. They are made of a frame that is customized to fit your windows. Within the frame are rails, slats, or louvers. They are adjusted via the use of an attached rod. Shutters can be installed in the interior or exterior. They are more contemporary and stylish compared to blinds but will cost you more.
These are stretched out layers of materials used in the exterior section of windows. Their primary function is to provide shade from the sun, prevent snow and rain, and break strong winds. They can be easily motorized such that they retract to prevent them from weather damage, which increases their durability. A significant downside is that they are more expensive compared to shutters and blinds.
Are you thinking of performing window treatment in your home? Let functionality and taste guide you. Ensure you understand the differences among the options available. Blinds may look good on your neighbour’s windows but fail to serve their purpose in your home. Therefore, consider your needs and the design of your house to make the right choice. And don’t forget the cost too. If you are looking for the best Shutters, Blinds and Awnings Australia, make sure you find a credible seller.