Green spaces add to the beauty and the value of any property. With properly maintained lawns or yards you can create a perfect space to unwind and relax with your family. Well maintained green spaces add to the biodiversity by attracting wildlife and thus bring you closer to the nature even in an urban setting.
Though a well-kept and lush lawn catches everyone attention, what usually goes unnoticed is the meticulous effort required in the background. If you are a homeowner with a yard, you will be able to related to the fact, that lawns need good care to thrive. However, you must not be deterred thinking it is a herculean task, there are many simple steps you can take and with some planning you can easily maintain your lawn.
Some ways to keep your garden healthy
Here are some simple steps you can take to keep your lawn lush and healthy:
- Keep an eye on bugs and diseases: Insects and diseases are your plants’ arch enemy. You must keep an eye on these infestations and act immediately when you spot something. If the infestation spreads too far, call for professional tree maintenance service providers.
- Use good quality fertilizers: Be careful with the fertilizer, as incorrect quantity and bad quality can do more damage than good. The best way forward is to get your soil tested by a local expert and then apply fertilizer as per the soil needs.
- Prune at the right time: Trimming your trees and shrubs at the right time of the year is of utmost importance. It is best to prune them in late winter, as the wounded limbs are more likely to get infected in winter. Pruning in late winter helps prevent the spread of diseases.
- Proper irrigation: Proper and timely watering is crucial for the health of your plants and trees. If you have a hectic schedule, you can go for programmable sprinkles or soaker hose pipes.
- Weed management: Use mulch to prevent the growth of weed. If you have existing issue of weeds, remove the source by going to the roots using a trowel. It is best to hire an expert who can work at the root cause and prevent weed growth.
Keeping these five simple and basic points in mind will help you keep your plants and trees healthy and your lawn looking as appealing as those dreamy images in magazines.
Should you DIY or hire an expert for lawn maintenance?
By now you must have realized that a healthy lawn needs efforts and time. Some of the tasks are simple and you can easily do it on your own without any professional help, for instance watering the plants. However, there are other aspects which need an expert with proper experience and right set of tools.
Some of the jobs like tree removal need special caution for ensuring safety and proper disposal. This is one job which you should never attempt to DIY. You will need specialized equipment like chainsaw, ladder and ropes and proper safety kit. Hiring a tree maintenance expert is the wisest decision here. Even grass mowing and trimming is a slightly tricky job because you must cut the perfect length, or you will end up damaging the grass. If you are a beginner or novice at lawn maintenance, an expert’s service will suit you the best.
If you are not an arborist, it is difficult for you to have complete understanding of different varieties of trees and soil conditions. A professional will have this knowledge and hence will be able to advise you in the best manner to help your garden thrive and add to the appeal of your property.
Visit us to know more about Trav’s Trees is the simplest way to find and book Melbourne tree removal services near you.